Friday, February 11, 2011

Into the Swing of Things




The Disney Dream is now into its regular swing of things, running our official schedule of cruises. We have 3 and 4 day cruises. We port in Nassau, The Bahamas and Castaway Cay (Disney's private island) every cruise. On the 4 day cruise we have one day just at sea. Our schedule is much more consistent now and therefore much less hectic. The past couple months have been very chaotic with press, inaugural cruises and working all the kinks out, so it's nice to have a more regular schedule. We have a lot more guests! The ship is filled with excited faces and lots and lots of children!


One of our cast members left this contract early about a week ago. I am her understudy in our character pirate show up on deck on pirate night, so now I stand in for her in that show. It's titled "Mickey's Pirates of the Carribean". It's a fun show featuring almost all of the VIP characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy. I make friends with Minnie in that show. Pictures to come.


Overall things are going very well for me on the ship. Ship life is very carefree and fun; it feels like I am back in college again. We definitely have the best job on the ship in my opinion. A lot of my day usually consist of small blocks of working and many breaks in-between which is really nice. I have made so many friends to spend time with and learn from. The gym is nice and I give myself class in our hallway when I can. I am able to layout in the sun almost everyday if I want to. It's an incredible life and I am very happy to have this job.


Here are some photos of the main lobby in which we call the Atrium.

No comments:

Post a Comment