Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Golden Mickeys

Golden Mickeys went really well. It turned out to be quite an exhausting show for me to perform in...which I like :)

I gave a brief description in my last post about Golden Mickeys, but here is a break down for the roles I play in the show.

1. PAPARAZZI - The first scene which we call the opening, I play a paparazzi. We wear cameras around the neck. We run around pretending to take pictures of the stars arriving to the show. It's the show opener. Not too much dancing for me, but it's an exciting number :)

2. MONKEY - Next I play a monkey in the tarzan scene. We wear black velvet unitards, some sort of wig, and a monkey mask that covers our whole face. I do a little dancing on the floor, and hanging and jumping on bungee ropes. We will get to practice on the bungees once we get to the ship. Then we climb up the ropes, get into loops at the top and our partner spins us like crazy as we go through about 5 positions including no hands position!!! It's scary, but really cool!! The music is intense too, it makes the whole tarzan scene quite impressive. We call the rope tricks, Spanish Web, "web" for short. My web partner is Ashleigh, she is much taller than me and I am still working on making my "set" (rope circling from the bottom). She and I feel very confident with our web performance when she is setting and I am flying. My stomach has gotten much more tolerant of the spinning! Thank the lord!

3. SEAWEED - Under the Sea is the next number I am in. I am a show-girl-like seaweed and Tara my roommate here in Toronto is the only other seaweed. We wear lime green unitards with accents on our hips and ruffly pieces coming from our back and this huge show-girl hat with more ruffly seaweed pieces coming off the top of the hat. We partner with 2 guys who are dressed as coral. My partner is Justin, he is so much fun. He is hilarious and I love having him as my partner! This is my big dancing number. One of the lifts is crazy. We jump into a split in the hair slightly over their head, then they throw us down into a split on the floor! eek. It's fun though! There is a lot going on besides the dancing too, a lot of other characters are in it. Sebastian, goofy, huge goldfish, jellyfish, and waves too. So much color!
Here is the link to a video on youtube of them performing it in Hong Kong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOBtYfxFFjE&feature=related. Ours is a little different, and the video cuts off, but you get the idea!!

4. ROMANCE SCENE - The next scene I am in is called the Romance scene. It is the final scene of the show, and Beauty and the Beast is the last part of the romance scene. I get to make friends with Belle in this beautiful scene. She wears the gorgeous gold dress! She and the Beast dance to Tale is All is Time, while 4 couples waltz around us in the big ballroom set. The Beast is going to look huge up on that stage! Wait until you see pictures! The two of them waltz in the center of the ballroom as the Beast hands Belle a rose. Then, the Beast steps back, fire bursts at the peak of the music at the back of the stage, and viola the spell was broken and he turned into a human again as a prince. Belle and the prince unite at center stage, the prince lifts her and then they kiss and then hug as their final pose.
So the kiss situation....
At first, Belle and the prince just pretended to kiss. They did that in rehearsal for about a week. They thought we were off the hook! Then one day, the director decided to work on the scene with Belle and the prince. He said, Belle and the prince should kiss in the scene now, like really kiss. What a lovely surprise for the couple!

5. FINALE - Last is the finale, Mickey and Minnie make an appearance to present all the characters in the show. I get to make friends with Minnie in this scene. Minnie wears a gold evening gown, how pretty! :)

That sums up Golden Mickeys for me. I am totally winded by the end of the show, so I am happy about that. It will be performed on the first night of each cruise. Since we have 3 and 4 day cruises, that means we will perform it twice a week. And also 3 shows per night!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaliegh Kins !!! I am so proud of you!! All your hard work is finally paying off....YOU ARE A DANCER !!! What a great idea to start a Blog... We'll be tracking your adventure all the way... You'll never be alone.. You'll be taking us all along with you !!

    Looking forward to your next post !!

    Love from Keene NH.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAll Aboard !!!

    ReplyDelete