Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I participated in another volunteer event, this time it was in Croatia. We visited an orphanage just 10 minutes from the ship’s dock. It was a very small building, making it a very intimate setting. The kids were adorable and very excited to see Mickey and Pluto in their home. It was clear they do not have much Disney in their life because they didn’t want to hug us that much, but they were still interested in hanging out with us. I made friends with Mickey and my roommate, Channa, made friends with Pluto. After the event we didn’t have much time to explore so we got back off the ship just for lunch. I plan to see more of Croatia when we visit next time. I hear there is a cliff to dive off of….I am so doing that!




The second time we went to Dubrovnik I was able to explore a bit more. A bunch of people had said they found a cliff that they had jumped off. A group of us went to go find it and wanted to do the same. It was a very thrilling experience! I jumped twice :) 
It doesn't look very high up when you see it from the side, but when you are at the top, about to jump, it seems very high up! The water was very salty, but still refreshing. 
Afterwards, Caroline and I walked around the town and we had a delicious lemon beer.































No comments:

Post a Comment