Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day #3 in Toronto


Just got home from day #3 of rehearsals...or work. I guess I can call it
that now. Finally
relaxing with my computer and a full belly.The rehearsals
have been great, although a little tirering.

Day #1 we had a lovely morning of dancing, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
We had a nice
modern warm-up and then learned three combinations. They
were dance combinations from the shows we will be doing on the ship. They
made "cuts" after each combination (even though it isn't technically cutting
since everyone still has a job.) I think they were doing that to see everyone's
ability. The rest of day #1 we went into Character Training. In character
training we mostly talked about what it's like to be a character and watched
some movies, such as biography on Walt Disney and a few others.

Day #2 we tried on our costumes for the first time! I became friends with
Minnie first! She
is very cute and very girly! Her head is heavy ;) Uck!
In training...The first thing we tried was walking with our character. Then
we practiced traditional poses. Then we played around with interacting with
other characters. :)

Day #3 we did more of reacting and storytelling with our character. Bill, our
character
director, called out senarios for us to act out. "You see something
you are so excited about!" or "You are walking on very hot coals!" That was hard
because you have to over exagerate everything! It's pretty tirering. I'm sure I
will get better at it. Then we played musical chairs, simon says, and danced to
the salsa slide song. Those were fun!

Tomorrow we start a show called "Mickey's Pirate Club." Should be interesting!
I am an
understudy.

Overall, I am enjoying myself. Mostly I am just working on adjusting to the
schedule.
I am so tired from going into the costume and sweating then sitting
down to watch some movies, shows, and training videos. We leave around 8:15
to go to the studios, then we usually finish around 6. I plan to go to bed early
tonight!

Last thing...I promise! I love Toronto! I have found myself breaking off from
people here
because I just want to frolic around by myself! The weather is
beautiful and there are so many cool things to see here! Love this city! :)

Here are some shots of Toronto outside my bedroom window!

No comments:

Post a Comment