Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Night in Toronto

My flight was very short and sweet, about an hour and a half. It was probably the smallest plane I have ever been on. There were about 14 seats or so, that is why there were not too many people at the gate. They also asked all the women to sit it the back where the bags were.

Soo...it is my first night in Toronto, which is a lovely city by the way. Lake Ontario is surrounded by a bike trail with all kinds of attractions, restaurants, and even a public pool. I am looking forward to taking walks over there! There is also the film festival going on right now, just opened tonight actually. I heard Matt Damon was seen around town. I had dinner at a restaurant right across the street from the Tiff Bell Lightbox, which is a brand new building where all the films are being premiered. It's a pretty glamorous building!

My apartment building looked pretty glamorous itself when I first arrived. I first had to stop at the conference room to sign all the paper work and get the keys. My room was also nice; a lovely 2-bedroom apartment in downtown Toronto. However, once I got to the room, I found out there would be 4 people to a room, instead of the 2 to a room they originally told us. Bummer :( It would have been nice to have my own room. Although the apartment is rather spacious and relatively new; both good things.

There was only 1 girl moved in our apartment when I got there and she and I took the larger room. Her name is Tara and is returning for her 7th contract with Disney Cruise Lines. She is also a mouse height character. I am happy to be rooming with her because she can answer the 3,000 questions I have, plus she's nice. :) The two other girls in our apartment are also mouse height characters.

Tomorrow we meet one of the Toronto directors in the lobby at 8:30am! He is going to show us how to get to the rehearsal studios and then we will be working all day! They will be holding assessments to see where we all fit in the shows. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment