Sunday, September 19, 2010

One Whole Week in Toronto






It has now been one whole week here in Toronto and I love it here. :)

The rest of the week in rehearsal we worked on the "Mickey's Pirates" show. We finished the entire 30 minute show. It was a lot of information, but it was fun! Saturday I actually didn't have to go into rehearsal until 2pm, which was terrific!
I got to sleep in a few hours more, then work out finally, gave myself class in our studio at our gym, ate lunch at home then went to rehearsal. It was a lovely day.
After work I found a market, the kind that I like!!! It was very similar to the Reading Terminal Market I usually shop at in Philly. They had stands inside one building, each stand selling something different. I go for the cheap boneless chicken breast and the produce! The honeydew was not the sweetest and the blueberries were a little too sour for me, but it was all very cheap!

Saturday night we all met at one of the singer's room to meet and greet with everyone. Then a bunch of us went out to some of the bars in Toronto. It was a good time and nice to spend time with people outside of work.

Today was by far the best day in Toronto. I walked to the Harbourside of town, which is two blocks from my apartment building. There were boats everywhere! Parks, baseball fields, bike trails, small beaches, a music garden, and even an amusement park. Later I found the pier with restaurants and shops. After having dinner right on the pier, I walked around the little mall with the shops. On the second floor there was a dance theater called Fleck Dance Theatre. I walked up there to see what it was and the usher was calling people for in the second half of a dance performance to start. I asked her if I could pay for the second half of the show and she said I could just go on up to the balcony! So I was able to see a modern dance performance for free! It was a pretty good show with live musicians, but I am looking forward to going to more dance shows in the area.

This week we have more character training and we are also learning another show called Sailing Away.

Here is a photo of the CN tower, it is a very famous free-standing building. There is a restaurant up there that rotates to view the city! I can see it right outside my kitchen window! :)
The other photos I took today at the Harbour.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment